Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Chef II
So date number two I got to plan. I chose a little cozy place downtown called Eva's for dinner. We agree to meet there at 6pm. I am ready way early so I go to the Gateway mall and return a necklace that I don't really need. I still have time so I decide to leave my car there and walk to Eva's. I'm walking down State and he's walking up 3rd South. I spot him and yell, "MARCO!?" Without a moments hesitation he screams, "POLO!" I can't help but smile! I'm going to have fun. We meet at the corner and he says something stupid so I say, "you are not the Marco I'm looking for..." He turns and walks away yelling, "MARCO?" Sheesh! Get back here! We walk to the restaurant and he tells me he has never been here before. I'm really excited because they have such great, fresh, and different food. I'm really hoping the chef in him will be impressed! He kind of was a pain in the butt for the waitress. "Where do your scallops come from? Fresh or frozen? Where do you get your vegetables? How is that cooked? And for how long?" I finally had to apologize to her that he was such a food snob! He let me order the appetizer (which was good because I turned out to be better at ordering than he did). Dinner was really nice. Conversation flowed naturally. He got a haircut since our last date and he was much easier on the eyes. :) Sometimes paying & dating gets a little weird. I'm never sure if I'm supposed to pay. I planned this date so I was prepared to get it, but there was the possibility of us going dutch... The waitress brought the bill and he had it scooped up and paid for before I could even process what had happened! Holy crap! I sheepishly said thank you. His speed and determination totally caught me off guard. He was pleased with himself! I kind of left the rest of the night open not knowing how dinner would go. As we left the restaurant he asked what the plan was. I offered a few options and he chose a walk to Gateway. He said he wanted to buy cologne. He always walked closest to the street and kind of looked both ways for me as we walked. It was really sweet! We walked through the mall popping in and out of stores and laughing. I was really enjoying the night and it seemed that he was too! We got to Dick's Sporting Goods and he really wanted to go in. He opened the door for me and I walked right into the door frame! This is just so me. What the junk! Stunned I look up and standing right there is an employee! Could this get any worse? I try to recover, "Your door frame totally hit me!" Chef comes up behind me, puts his hands on my shoulders and says right to the employee, "I'm so sorry. She is totally plastered. SO DRUNK! I have had her out in the cold air for a brisk walk trying to sober her up but nothing is working." My jaw hits the floor! What is he saying!? I can only grab him and push him away from the guy. He yells over his shoulder, "I promise I will keep an eye on her and not let her ruin anything in your store!" I could die. But I love it too. As we're walking back to my car he asks what my favorite kind of chocolate is. Chocolate caramel. He buys four of them and later leaves them in my car... Awe! He opened every door, watched out for me at every turn, and even paid for my parking. Whatever it was that he was lacking our first date he has totally made up for in this one! I am intrigued. I like the way he makes me feel. I'm content and secretly hoping for the kiss he apologized for not giving on our first date! *smile* We headed back to my house to make him some cupcakes for his birthday. I should have thought this through. My cupcakes (from a mix) are not going to impress mister make-it-from-scratch! But I don't care. He was pretty cute with me. I may have blushed a few times and I didn't even know I was capable of blushing. We were sitting on my love sac just chatting and he spotted some mistletoe I had hung. WHAT WAS I THINKING!? When the Christmas decorations came out this year I thought it would be fun to hang mistletoe? Did I think I would have a cute boy in my house looking at it and talking about it? NO! A normal person may have taken this opportunity to be cute and flirty but I like to make things a bit awkward... plus I don't really know how to be cute. At the end of the night he plants himself RIGHT UNDER that d*** mistletoe and tells me to come and give him a hug. So I do. Just a hug. JUST A HUG!? Kill me. Dumb people should be shot. Where was my shooter? I wait a day and then send him a text that says, "I fear that I missed my chance under my mistletoe! When we first met you promised to help me if I acted handicapped! Where were you man!?" This is HUGE for me. I don't flirt. I don't want to talk about kissing or talk about my failure to do so! I want a quick response to validate me that I am not crazy. Tell me it's okay that I'm lame! Let me know that next time you'll take the lead and just lay one on me! Don't wait for me to make a move, it won't happen! I somehow make it through a whole day of work but apparently not too well. He never text me back. I guess I was complaining because Rhonda sat me down and made me text him again to see if he even got my message. I sent a simple "did I scare you away?" He instantly replied "No. Why?" I am so relieved! He doesn't hate me and it looks like he didn't even get my message about the kiss! I win! I tell him that I sent a message that he didn't respond to so I got a little worried. He says nothing. The next morning he sends "I lead you right to the misltetoe. I couldn't have been more clear. I'm sorry, I forgot you were a little special needs. Next time I will assist you." What? WHAT? He got my message and let me sit on it for a day? I hate him! I let him know this too! He called me right away and laughing he says he wants to make it up to me. Movie? Heck yes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am sorry that I have to admit this but I am so hanging on the edge of my seat! I am really living vicariously through your social life. It is like a real life reality show. I love it!
ReplyDeleteYou are a great writer. Thanks for sharing.
My favorite part is the door frame incident. SO funny. Such a good reaction on his part. It was as if from a movie.
What movie did you go see? It has been a while since you told us about Chef...so what movie did you go see? Did he use the yawn, stretch, and put his arm around you move? Did you brush hands reaching in the popcorn bucket? Did you share a drink or get your own? Details Elaine...details please.
ReplyDelete