Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chef III

I'm on my way to meet him at a theater that is equidistant from both our homes. I receive a text that informs me that he has the tickets and is waiting. He is over 30 min early! When asked why he was so early he informs me that he is a little OCD about being on time. Uhh... be on time then, not so early! As I pull into the theater's lot I shoot him a message that says "I don't think I'm going to be able to make it." Admittedly not the greatest joke, but I know he has been sitting there for awhile waiting and this might be a little annoying (you know, like telling someone they got their fingers chopped off. That was annoying.)... I get a response immediately "Ok. Next week? Monday? Wednesday?" Satisfied I continue to the front of the theater. He sees me through the glass and stands up grinning from ear to ear. You know, one of those smiles that comes all the way from the very bottom of your toes and stretches up? The ones that come from the very core of who you are? Maybe even deeper. They're so sincere, they are almost painfully revealing? It was one of those! He was genuinely glad to see me and probably just as glad to not be stuck with an extra ticket and an empty seat. He opened his arms to me and told me to "get over here." I asked him if I got him, even a little? He said yeah :) The details of the movie I am going to keep to myself but I will tell you I was not disappointed. As we left the theater he said that his mom asked him if he was dating me for my jeep. I looked at him in disbelief because this hadn't even crossed my mind. Do you date a person for their car? Really? Because if you do, he'd be out... He smiled and said that he had assured his mom that he definitely wasn't dating me just for my jeep. He again mentioned that we hadn't been to sushi yet and it was high time. He asked how late I'd be up and if he could call or text. This was the last time I have seen him. I'm not sure what to say here. I thought the date was good. I thought I may have really found a friendship that could possibly blossom into something fun. One of my cutest friends, after confiding in him with my confusion about Chef and what could have gone wrong, asked me if I'd heard about the "Rubber Band Theory?" He explained it and although it should have made me feel better I just didn't buy it. "How about Women are from Venus and Men are from Mars?" he offered. No, no I thought. I believe the train of thought "He's just not that into you!" Not to be harsh but doesn't that make more sense? If he was into me, he'd be around! He'd call, he'd text and we would have actually eaten sushi by now (it has been 6 weeks 3 days 4 hours (but who's counting?))! So he must not be that into me... Maybe I'm too nice and that isn't interesting. Maybe he got hit by a car on his way to meet me and is in a wheel chair and thinks I could never love him in his present state. Lame. I had a client one time that swore off boys. They are not worth it she'd say. One day her landlord gave her a book that changed her life titled "Why Men Love Bitches." She used the techniques outlined in the book and married the next guy she dated! That book is my next purchase... Seriously. I don't know if he'll resurface ever or not but I can tell you this, he was a good experience. He made me feel comfortable. I liked being with him. He has given me hope that there are a few good ones left and if I keep looking I may just be lucky enough to snag one! No regrets, just good times... and that smile, the sincere one. I'm keeping that.

No comments:

Post a Comment