Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Nose Hair

We're going to talk about Nose Hair for a moment. I'm a little upset with this situation right now so I thought I'd share. I'm supposed to be on a second date with him as we speak... I'm also chatting with another character (Tall Daddy) and he asked me out for tonight too. This was a HUGE deal yesterday because I really, REALLY want to go with Tall Daddy and not so much with Nosey... Nosey asked me first so I thought I should keep my word with him so I told my Tall (beautiful, funny) Daddy that I couldn't go. D*** conscience! And now Nosey just text me to cancel. Blast! So let's talk about my first date with the Nose Hair.


I was sitting in the salon telling my friend Kim about Chef (we'll address him later :)). One of Stacey's clients breaks in to the conversation and says "you're available?" Please. I've never been NOT available! Bring it on! She tells me about her boyfriend's son. Tall, handsome and she'd love to set us up! She lets me know that he had bypass surgery about a year ago and he looks and feels great and has this new found zest for life! Hey, sounds great to me! I like me a big boy and I like that he's taking control of his future and feeling good about it. I tell her to give him my number and I'll look forward to his call. I get a phone call about a week later from an unknown number. Assuming it's a client I don't answer because I don't have my book with me. I listen to the message and It's Nose Hair (at this point I'm not calling him Nose Hair... it's more like a possible prince charming). His message says, "Hey this is ****** I got your number from my dad's girlfriend. I wanted to ask you out. Call me back. Bye." Strange message, but ok. I call him back ready to talk for a minute and see if we have anything in common. He answers "Hello?" "Hey ******! It's Elaine. How are you!?" "Good. I wanted to ask you out." WOW! Don't beat around the bush! "Okay..." We plan for the next Wednesday and hang up. I'm already regretting this. He texts me later that night and explains that he was in the middle of something and was sorry for being so short. This makes me feel better. The day of he tells me to meet him at the 13th south train station because there is a Jazz game and taking Trax will be easier. Cool. I pull up to his truck and park. I get out and see him sitting there. Does Stacey's client hate me? This is not what she described. Oh well! I'm here! Let's make the most of it! He gets out and I just bite the bullet and go give him a hug and introduce myself. This is the point where he scores his name Nose Hair. He is in fact 6'6". He is not dark. Muddy blonde at best. I can tell that he buzzed his own head about a month ago. He has two levels of facial hair. An overgrown goatee and then everything else. And then there it is... staring me right in the face... a full inch long nose hair reaching out to explore the world! Crap! This is going to be an awesome night and we haven't even left the parking lot! We make our way over to the kiosk to buy our tickets for the train. We get there and he stands and stares at the touch screen like it is foreign. I'm tempted to jump in and take care of business but I hold back and let him try. He tells me that he has never done this before. I try to ease his pain by saying, "I haven't really done this before either but I'm sure if we put our brains together we can do it!" We get it done (total for two tickets is $4) and he pulls out a $20 from his wallet. He looks at it and says "I only have a $20." I think to myself so use it but say nothing. He turns to me and repeats, "I only have a $20." Like for your whole life? Like that's all you've ever owned? Perplexed I ask if he'd like me to purchase the tickets. He puts his bill away and says sure. I could spit! To make this painful, long story shorter let me just say that it was a long night of listening to him talk about video games and how fat he use to be. PLUS he almost didn't buy my hot chocolate from Starbucks! The cashier had to say "Aren't you two together?" Then, and only then, did he say, "uh... yeah I can get hers." D*** straight you'll get mine! I bought your train ticket Nose Hair! He only touched me one time the whole night and you'd have thought I was, in fact, electricity it's self! He pulled away like I had really shocked him! Finally the night was over. I thanked him and said goodbye. "Wait! I had a really great time tonight! I'd love to see you again." S***! S***! S***! So he texts me all the time and pushed this date on me (I have a two date rule) and then he canceled! He doesn't get his second date anymore...
PS I just text messaged Tall Daddy and we're going out tonight! All is not lost! I need to get ready!

1 comment:

  1. Why can't men just pony up and pay for stuff? I mean really. . .FOUR DOLLARS? What kind of cheap-o balks on that? Oh and the starbucks thing is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete